Sunday, March 9, 2008

MOAB!

First off, as I have reviewed my last posts, I thought to myself, could I be any more boring! House hunting, tagging? If you need something a little more exciting to read about go to my sister, Christy's, blog and check out her "40 and Beyond" post. It had me laugh so hard and for those of you who can relate to being overdue, it makes it a little more humorous. Click below. http://texasromneys.blogspot.com/

This weekend we spent literally about 24 hours in Moab, Utah. I haven't been down there forever and I forgot how beautfiul it was. Matt ran the Canyonlands Half Marathon and so we took a really quick trip down there. So here is how the trip went:
1. We got a late start on Friday night and didn't leave Orem until about 6:30, which caused our arrival time in Moab to be 10:30. We stopped at Wal-Mart and bought a portable DVD player for Carter (which was a lifesaver).

2. Like I said, we got there at 10:30 and since we were all in the same room with a single Queen bed, it made sleeping arrangements a little interesting. The minute we got in the room, Carter started crying and kept saying "I want to go to Grandma's house." After we got him settled down and to bed, Jaxon woke up crying. That is pretty much how the night went.
3. Matt left at 7:30 a.m. to be bussed up the Canyon. I think Jaxon is teething again (he has 2 teeth by the way) and wouldn't let me set him down all morning. After we checked out of the hotel, I strapped Jaxon in the front carrier and took the boys to the park. Carter made a friend at the park and then we watched daddy cross the finish line with a time of 1 hour and 51 minutes (which makes me sick since he didn't even hardly train). It would have taken me twice that long. (Which BTW, I am going to start training for a half-marathon in July, so we'll see how that goes).
4. At about 1:00 p.m. we headed back to Orem so that we wouldn't miss the BYU game. I wish we could have spent more time, but really vacation with kids is sometimes harder than actually fun. We hope to make it down there again and really enjoy the scenery more!

Here are a two pictures from our less than 24-hour adventure!

BATHTIME FUN


DADDY AFTER THE RACE...(looking pretty good for just having run 13 miles!)

8 comments:

Richie said...

Congratulations to Matt. I, myself, love to run also. You two should make your way to Colorado for the Bolder Boulder 10K on Memorial Day. It's a great stepping stone in preparation for your race in July. Our family (including extended) runs it every year.

Kim said...

Matt I'm so proud of you. I can't believe how good you can do without training! Sounds like you had a great trip!
I agree with andrea--the Bolder Boulder is a great race!

Just us Three said...

Okay Jess if you are starting to run I want in. Ben has been trying to get me too because he is wanting to do the wasatch rely. I have always wanted to run the Hobble Creek canyon one. It's in SEpt. Do you want to do it together?

Just us Three said...

Oh yeah. Congrats Matt!!!

Talai said...

Congrats! I wish I could train for the marathon with you!

Sara said...

Sounds like a fun quick trip! Have you guys found a house yet? There are a few for sale in my neighborhood. I don't know what your price range is, but I thought I'd let you know. We love living down here...we recommend it. Good job on the run Matt!

Rebecca W. said...

Sounds like fun. I would totally run the marathon if I was in Utah.

BTW I read Christy's "40 weeks and Beyond" post and laughed so hard. That's totally how I felt. I was a week overdue and people thought I was crazy for going out-what was I supposed to do, sit around and do nothing for a week?!

Roo said...

Good to hear from you. I've seen you in my mom's ward I am never long enough to say hello... it is always an in and out thing. But your kids are adorable.