Friday, March 7, 2008

House hunting!

When we moved to Utah, we weren't planning on buying a house right away, but we thought we would just keep our eyes open for a good deal. Since it is a buyer's market at the moment, it is a really good time to buy. There are about a zillion and one homes on the market, which makes it really hard to pick only one. As we have looked we have found some features of a home that we like but then other features we don't like as well. Sometimes the kitchen is great, but the master bathroom is dinky. We found one house that was beautiful but it had pretty much only a dog run in the backyard for the kids to play in. Then there are others that are just horrible. We saw a house that an man was selling and he had honestly used 25 different paint colors throughout the house and even 5 or 6 different colors on one door. To say the least, it was a mess.

We might not be able to find the "perfect house," but we have been able to narrow it down to features that are a must! Here's the list:

1. A nice kitchen. This is my request, as I probably spend the most time there.

2. A big yard. This is our request for the kids, because I think kids need a place to play. I'm also glad that Matt does the majority of the yardwork on this one.

3. A garage. It sounds funny, but there are homes in Utah that don't have a garage and after parking our cars outside all winter, we really would like our cars be out of the snow!

4. A nice master bathroom with 2 sinks. I guess we were spoiled with our other house and that is why I'm totally turned off by only one sink.

What are the favorite features of your house and what is most important to you?

This is our old kitchen, not huge but doable!

3 comments:

brittany said...

my biggest thing when we were looking for a house was wanting a room for the kids to play. I didn't like having all their toys in their bedrooms.

andrea wardle said...

Hey, if all goes well in the job department, you can buy my house! The only problem is the bathroom... maybe it has a door to the master bedroom, but it's the main tubby for the upstairs. All I know is I will cry when I have to leave my house (and my kitchen). Good luck! I hope you can find a great house! Keep us posted.

McKenzie said...

Good Luck!! Sounds fun and then not so fun. I hope I will be able to be house hunting in Utah in a while! You give me hope that there are lots of options! I am excited to see what you end up with!