Friday, August 28, 2009

Jaxon Highlight


I think Jaxon gets funnier and funnier every day. He is definitely my little firecracker! It seems like everyday he starts saying or doing something new. Some funny happenings this week:

1. When we got new bunkbeds for the boys, Carter didn't want to sleep there so daddy put blue rope lights under the top bunk so it would make it more fun. Daddy couldn't leave Jaxon out so he put some around Jaxon's crib as well (not ready to actually move him into the bunkbed!) On Tuesday when I put him down for a nap I kept hearing this "click-click-click" and then Jaxon would yell, "Yay! Mine!" Well, Matt had put a timer on the lights so they only come on at night and Jaxon rigged the system! He had figured out how to turn them on and off and so was yelling "Yay" everytime they would go on.

2. We were reading "Go Dog, Go" the other night (one of my favorite books BTW) and Jaxon started saying, "Go Dog, Go" except it sounded more like "Dog, Dog, Dog."

3. Jaxon has fallen in love with "Mum" or (Gum). I try to get him to say G G G Gummm! but he doesn't quite get it yet!

4. He is also a little monkay. My friend and I went to a home decorating store (note to self...bad idea with 2 kids under the age of 4! I'm glad and surprised we didn't break everything in that store) Jaxon kept picking up glass balls and saying "balls" and tossing them up! Yikes! Then he climbs onto this glass shelf, sits down, and says with his head crouched over..."Hi."

5. Whenever he leaves the room or goes downstairs, he says, "Bye, bye." I will have to record his voice, because it is such a cut little voice.

6. Matt stores his new (and expensive) bike in the laundry room now. Every time Jaxon walks by he has to say, "Mom, bike...dada!"

7. Jaxon will also yell something if he has to repeat himself. Usually, "mom" if I don't answer him the first time! See - little firecracker!

I'm so grateful for Jaxon. Even though he keeps me going constantly, he makes life fun and interesting! Love you bud!

3 comments:

Jill said...

It was so fun to spend time with you guys. Your boys are adorable and Ashton had a great time sipping rootbeer with Carter. Jaxon is a cutie and I wish we could see them (and you & Matt) more.

You and Matt are great for all of the crazy running you've been doing lately. I wish I had Matt's endurance. When I run, I'm always yelling at myself (in my head), "C'mon you whimp!" and then it's "You can do it!". Crazy head talk =)

Katie Joyce said...

I think I'm in love with your kids.

The Shane Gang said...

You can borrow them any day you want to! haha!