Friday, June 11, 2010

PB&J, Being HOT, Socks at bedtime, and Kids Club!



So Carter is OBSESSED with PB& J. I usually give the boys a few different options for lunch time and lately the answer is always PB&J - even if it happens to not be an option. Lucky for me, it's easy to make, cheap, and semi-healthy (especially if you use Orowheat Double Fiber bread)! I would say in the past week he has had a PB&J sandwich about 10 times. Sometimes he has it in lieu of cereal for breakfast or for a midafternoon snack. He just can't get enough!

Now that we are in the 100 plus degree weather it feels stinkin' hot. I keep saying, "It's hot!" Every time we go outside Carter says, "I love being hot!." Even yesterday when I told him it was too hot to ride his bike (105), he says, "Mom! Remember...I LOVE being hot!" Needless to say he won that battle and rode his bike :) Luckily the sprinklers in the grassy common area down the street turned on and they ran through them to cool down!

Jaxon on the other hand doesn't care for the heat. Every time we walk outside in the middle of the day or get in the car, he moans..."Mom, it's hot!" and detests getting in his car seat (I don't blame him, as those metal buckles can get super hot). Funny how different they are!

One other thing Carter is persistent about is wearing socks to bed. First of all, I can't stand to wear socks anytime of the year, but especially not in the middle of the AZ summer. We have to tried to explain to him night after night that he will get hot, but guess what he says..."I love being HOT mom." Guess that's not gonna work with him. :)

Yesterday we also went to something at the mall called Kids Club and they get to sing and dance, go to a movie and ride the carousel for free! Here are the boys riding the carousel. Carter had to ride on the eagle!

5 comments:

Jayleen said...

Funny boys. For a long time Ian would wear socks to bed too, and I would always tell him that he would too hot, he didn't seem to care, but it drove me crazy! How are you guys adjusting to live in AZ?

Rachel said...

PB&J are the Best!!! I'm glad you are enjoying and bearing the AZ heat!! I'm with you I can't stand socks on my feet at night anytime of the year. So funny! Very cute boys! If you come to Utah we really need to get together!

Kim said...

Your boys look so much older in those pics! I hate not getting to know them, so thanks for blogging about their funny/cute little moments!
Carter sounds like a kid after Caleb's heart. He has been obsessed with pb&j since he was little toddler. He could (and sometimes does) eat it all day long. I've had to get creative with it if we happen not to have bread in the house: rollups with tortillas, on crackers, really anything goes!

Amy said...

Travis would also eat PB&J for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, anytime I'd let him. He has a funny song and dance he does as I'm making it, chanting "peanut butter jelly peanut butter jelly," all with a huge grin on his face. They are so funny.

Breanne said...

Carter is a man after my own heart, I have to admit, I love PB&J's too! I don't blame you with the heat, I have a hard time in it too! The socks in bed baffle me too!