Thursday, July 8, 2010

Utah and Carter's Birthday...finally!



These pics are from the D-Backs Game for the Fourth of July! I love the huge bobble head guy. Jaxon was deathly afraid of him (of course)!

We had so much fun in Utah and we have been back for a few weeks and to no ones surprise I'm finally getting to blogging about it!

Ragnar was amazing and I had such a blast! The girls on our team were so much fun and I seriously had probably the easiest legs out of anyone (I don't know how I lucked out on that one, maybe they know my secret that I'm a wussy runner)! I was definitely grateful that my last leg was only 3.2 miles too because I was beat after having only 4 hours of sleep on a hardwood, nursing room floor. I was grateful for shelter, a place to sleep, and a real bathroom though so I really can't complain!


I couldn't help but feel a little guilty the whole day on Saturday knowing I was missing Carter's birthday. To my relief though, when I got to my parents' on Saturday night I learned that Carter had been spoiled from the moment he woke up with a pancake breakfast, presents, Sonic for lunch, bowling, and Toy Story 3. Then I was just sad I missed all the fun! What would I do without grandma, grandpa, and Aunt Debbie, Janice, Kaylee, and Katie! You guys saved me... XOXO!!


We had a great time visiting Utah and I think it was harder to come back to AZ then actually moving and coming down the first time. I guess I knew that we would be coming back in a month for Ragnar when we moved, and now I don't know when I will be back next. Guess I better get something planned.


On our way home from Utah we stopped by Lake Powell for a few nights with my grandma and grandpa, Kaylee, Brooke and Troy and their family. We had such a great time and that was a great way to end our vacation...

Today we finally celebrated Carter's birthday with all his new friends. He wanted a race car birthday, so I did my best to live up to that request. We played a few games, ate pizza, opened presents, and someone hid the cake so we had to do a treasure hunt to find the cake. That was definitely the highlight of the party, as all the kids were screaming and having a great time searching the house for clues. If anyone wants a good idea that will be a hit at a birthday party I suggest this new favorite!

I finally feel like we are settling in and we are getting used to the hot weather (as much as you can). Carter and Jaxon love the pool and Carter is becoming quite the little swimmer. We went to a friend's house yesterday to swim and Carter took off his floaties and started floating and holding his breath under the water for the first time. I need to get him in lessons.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad to hear you are finally feeling settled, it can take a while!! It was so fun to see you! I saw your mom last night at a bridal shower for my little brother Jake's fiancee. It was fun to see her, she is one of the kindest ladies. Now I know where you get it from!! Hope to see you soon!! Have in the AZ!!