Thursday, November 10, 2011

Our first "mean parent" moment with Lexie



Pretty much from the day we found out we were having a little girl I was so excited to be able to pierce her ears.  I have always had a fetish with cute little earrings on baby girls.  I'm silly, I know.  I wanted to do it when she was really little (like 2 months or something) and our pediatrician suggested that we wait until 6 months so that she has all of her immunizations.  So six months came and went and we finally made it to the jewelry store last month.  

The good part about it all was that (of course) Lexie had no idea what was going on.  It was the worst for me and Matt because we knew what was coming.   She was smiling at the salesperson as happy as could be, until...the snap.  The lady told us that the noise was the worst part and what actually made them cry.  Sure enough, the minute she snapped the gun (for lack of a better term), I remember looking at Lexie and seeing the look of horror on her face.  She held her breath for what seemed like a minute and then let out a gut-wrenching cry.  I felt so awful and mean for choosing to inflict this pain upon her (although someday I'm sure she will thank me right?).  Luckily the crying only lasted for a few minutes, and we all survived. Isn't she precious?!?!



2 comments:

Daisha said...

She's adorable! Cole just took Claire (2) to get hers pierced, did a video and blog about it on his website www.livegrowsmile.com. I had a past friend send me a rather snooty email about how horrible it was that we would do that to her etc. . . . oh well :) I think it's super cute!!

Laurel Baker said...

Sometimes a little pain is worth the end result! She WILL thank you later! I hated when I had to take my boys in to get circumcised. Always made me cry! Not that I should be comparing that to Lexie getting her ears pierced, but whatever! LOVE that sweet little Lexie girl!