Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bedtime


As I was putting my two sweet boys to bed tonight, I realized what my favorite time of the day is - bedtime. Yes, I have to admit after a long day of chasing after Carter, feeding, mommying, and cleaning I'm glad to have some peace and quiet when my boys go to bed. However, this is not why I love bedtime. I love bedtime because Jaxon looks up at me after I put him in his crib for bed and gives me the biggest smile almost saying "Thanks mom, I love you." Bedtime for Carter consists of choosing his pajamas, brushing teeth, and reading a book, okay sometimes 2 books, and sometimes he even talks me into 3 books and nighttime prayers! (As you can tell, he is learning how to stall). He just recently started wanting to "read" the words and so will give me his own rendition of the story. It is too sweet. His prayers are so sweet and simple. As I hug him goodnight and he says I love you, I soak it all in and think to myself that it doesn't get much better than this? How about you? What is your favorite time of the day?

6 comments:

brittany said...

cute picture! yes i think my favorite times of day are bedtime and naptime. for the same reasons you said, and to re-charge, have some peace and quiet and be ready for when they wake up :)

Jayleen said...

I love that picute of Jaxon, he looks so peaceful. My favorite time of day is when the kids go to bed too. It means I get to finally sit down and read my book, sip hot chocolate and watch tv. When it's my time to go to bed I love going into the kids' bedrooms and watch them sleep and give them more loves :)

Kim said...

so sweet! bedtime is the best. i do my best to be patient and enjoy the bedtime routine, but sometimes i just find myself rushing to get them into bed for my peace and quiet. but like jayleen, i love love love going into their rooms before i go to bed. i can't resist a sleeping child. i always end up waking them up just to hear the funny things caleb will say in his sleepy state.

Jill said...

i love lunch time when my youngest is napping. i always try to make an event out of lunch. it should be something tasty with a side of a good book. ahhh...to take time to read.

Talai said...

I LOVE bedtime too. I feel like it it the only routine we have down so far (feed, swaddle, read a book, sing a song, say a prayer, and he is down for the count). Then...my own personal time. I usually read a book or watch a show with Aaron.

bloggingchristy said...

I don't think I love bedtime as much as you do, maybe I will post a blog about it, it would take some explaining and some graphic details to really illustrate the point.

I tagged you, go to my blog to see what questions to answer.