Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fun Run for Kids


My adorable aunts, Janie and Debbie Hill, traveled to Africa last year to do some service. When they returned home, they felt such a love for the children there that they started a Fun Run for Kids last year. All of their proceeds go to "Reach the Children" for Africa. Carter and my other nephew and neice participated last year and it was really a blast. It was so fun to see the kids race and every single kid gets a prize for participating. Breanne Garlick and I even participated in the Adult 5K and I was pregnant (needless to say I didn't win)! The 2nd annual Fun Run for Kids is coming up on Saturaday, May 3, 2008. Although I would love all of you fellow bloggers to come participate, I know distance is a constraint for many of you. For those of you who are in Utah and closeby, I would love for you to bring your little kiddies and Run for the kids in Africa. Check out their website for more details! As an added bonus, you get a super cute T-shirt for running! Let me know if you have any questions!!

6 comments:

Jayleen said...

Sounds like a great event. We'd love to come and participate!

brittany said...

that sounds like so much fun. i wish we could come!

Breanne said...

Jess, that was so much fun last year, we didn't break any speed records, but it was fun to catch up and chat. I won't be able to make it this year, I will in Ireland, but I will tell my family about it!

Kim said...

what a great idea. i know caleb and gracie would love to get out there and run wild! wish we could come!

Unknown said...

Jessica you are awesome! Thank you so much for posting it on your blog. Hopefully it will be a success. It is so fun having you and your family living closer! Love ya tons!

Just us Three said...

are you doing the run? Just wondering. Ben and I might be interested. Let me know