Friday, May 16, 2008

Our dirt!

Yesterday we had our "pre-dig meeting" for our house. I left Jaxon at home with my mom, but I thought it would be fun for Carter to see our lot and where our house is going to be. Well, it turned out to be a sad day for Carter. On they way there Carter kept asking where we were going. I told him that we were going to see our house and then corrected myself and said "our dirt." As we drove down the road he saw a few piles of dirt and said, "Mommy, there's our dirt."

When we got to our lot, Carter loved throwing the rocks and playing in the dirt as we went over things with the contractors. As I put Carter into the car to leave, he had the saddest, puppy-dog look on his face. I asked what was wrong and he asked where we were going now. I said back to Grandma's house and he said, "no, my house." I spent the entire trip home (which is only 15 minutes) explaining to him that they are building our house and we have to wait for a few months. Then I explained to him about how they get tractors to dig a huge hole and then build the house. Now he loves explaining how they are going to make a huge hole for our house to everyone he talks to.

3 comments:

Just us Three said...

Cute story. Kids are so funny. We really need to do something! I'll try and figure out something and you be thinking too. Are you going to the book club?

Kim said...

Can I send Caleb over to play in your dirt?? During his t-ball games all the kids are squatted down in the dirt playing instead of paying attention. What is it with dirt?
I'm so excited for you guys. Maybe someday we'll make it to Utah and actually get to see you guys!

Talai said...

Sounds like you may have an architect or contracter on your hand!