Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jaxon's must-haves

Carter has always been very particular about things and so I thought surely Jaxon would have to be better and more easy going. Much to my dismay...Jaxon is very, very particular and maybe even worse. I wonder where he gets it from? :) Lately he has been very insistent on picking out his own clothes. He has 2 Nike sweatsuits and if he is so lucky to pick out his outfit for the day, it is usually between one of those. I think he likes to be comfy, but more than that both outfits have pockets in the front which he loads up with cars, random toys, and the sort. Oh yeah...and don't forget his "phone." It is hilarious to watch him. He walks around the house, pulls out his phone, and "talks" to someone (usually grandma or grandpa) and is on his way again. Another thing he is insistent on is sitting on the bathroom counter when he brushes his teeth. He has to get up all by himself and uses the toilet as a stepstool. If the toilet seat and cover are not down, I have to close it while he plugs his ears. He also likes to have his blanket on his lap when he eats breakfast or watches Mickey Mouse in the morning. He has to pick out his spoon for his cereal. He loves to wear his "Run shoes." He loves his "sippy cups," gummies, cheese, and yogurt. He is also getting really good at riding his Razor scooter, which really impresses me as I can barely keep my balance on those things. One other cute thing he did was when I was making a cake for dinner group the other night, Jaxon looks at it and says excitedly, "Happy Birthday to me!" I tried to explain that it wasn't his birthday, but he wouldn't have it by repeating, "Happy Birthday to me." I love this kid!


Oh yeah, and he loves to wears Daddy's shoes around the house (or boots).

4 comments:

Amy said...

He's such a cutie. All my kids have gone through that stage where everything has to be just right, and done the exact way every time. They eventually mellow out, some just take longer then others,.

Rachel said...

So funny! It always amazes me when these tiny little people(our kids) are so particular and have such big personalities at such young ages! I think it's so cute!! Hannah is the exact same way! We can't leave the house with out certain things and it can never be rushed! YAY for little kids with big strong personalities!!=)

Breanne said...

Jess, he is adorable! I can't believe how grown up he is. He looks so much like you.

K'Lyn said...

You are a blogger! Your boys are dolls and it is so good to see you. Where are you in Utah?