Thursday, February 4, 2010

So Amazed


Our kids are growing in leaps and bounds and we are really trying to savor every memory and moment. I saw a picture of Carter the other day when he was 2 and I can't believe he is almost 5 and will be going to kindergarten this year. I never thought I would be sad, but as it gets closer and closer, I do get sad. Sad because I no longer have control of all that goes on in his day. Sad because we can't play the "Snake game" any more. Sad because I can't protect him from so-called "bullies." Sad because he can't be the DJ for our cleaning parties. I am excited for him to progress and even more excited because he is ready. I'm amazed at how he has progressed this year so far in preschool. I recently saw how well he wrote his name on a bag from a birthday party he attended and it made me smile.
He also got to be the "spotlight" for preschool and loved every minute of it. He got a sticker, bookmark, necklace and best of all got to bring "Timmy the Tiger" home. We had so much fun showing Timmy all our toys and he even helped shovel some snow. You always year the cliche that kids grow up to fast and I never thought I would think that, but I think I do.

1 comment:

Just us Three said...

They do grow up so fast. It's fun to see them learn so much:)