Friday, November 30, 2007

Boys will be boys!

This week I've got a taste of what I'm in for as a mother of 2 boys, but I have to say I am grateful that my 2 boys are not twins. Let me explain. This week I thought it would be really fun for Carter to play with his cousin Darrin (Brooke's son). Brooke came up last weekend and she is coming up this weekend for the baby blessing, so she left Darrin for the week. Darrin is the cutest, sweetest little thing and so I figured things would be fine. Carter has been very good and easy going, so I figured they would just play. It turns out I was a little bit wrong. I've come to the conclucsion that Boy #1 (Darrin) + Boy #2 (Carter) = TROUBLE! As I've told others about what went on, I think you could put any boy in this equation and you would get the same result! No matter how sweet each boy is or how well behaved, when two boys get together you are in for it! Here is just a short list of some of our "mishaps" this past week:

1. Popcorn spread all over the basement floor.
2. Berries from Grandma's garland thrown all over the foyer floor.
3. The craft room trash spread all over the floor.
4. Berries from Grandma's garland thrown all over the floor AGAIN.
5. Kaylee's hamster let free to roam the house.
6. Beads spread all over the craft room floor.

Despite these few "mishaps," we had a great time with Darrin and I'm glad he came to stay. On the other hand I've realized that I'm not ready for that third child yet!!

Now I'm just curious what the answer for this equation would be: Girl #1 + Girl #2 = ??? (Britt maybe you have a good answer for this one!)


4 comments:

brittany said...

sounds like a crazy week for you. but i bet the boys loved it. two girls is crazy too. especially when one is the tornado that is stella . . .

bloggingchristy said...

That is the cutest little equation picture of the two boys. I wonder what the equation would look like with Stacey in there. She could probably triple the equation! I miss you guys, Good luck with the brunch and blessing!

Rebecca W. said...

HIlarious! Now I know what I have to look forward to. Unfortunately, I don't think boys ever truly grow out of it. Chris still seems to cause mischief every now and then.

Unknown said...

2 girls equals lots of work too! I'm sure they're not as crazy as 2 boys though-especially 2 boys who aren't used to being with eachother 24/7. I'm sure they were just pumped out of their minds to be together. Boys seem to be a little more wild:) You're family is adorable Jess!