Thursday, November 15, 2007

Daddy's Day Off


Matt had an unexpected day off on Tuesday, so we decided to take advantage of it. We went to Kneader's for breakfast and got their famous All-You-Can-Eat Chunky French Toast (my mouth still waters when I think about it) and of course "choc motts" or in other words chocolate milk. Matt then took Carter golfing for the first time! He was so excited. We told him before breakfast that daddy was going to take him golfing and so he he kept telling grandma and grandpa that he was going golfing. He was really disappointed when we drove up to Kneader's and said "golf" with a sad look on his face. We told him that golf was after breakfast and I don't think he has ever eaten so fast before! (Maybe I should tell him that every day!) After 9 holes of golf and fun riding in the golf cart, Carter took his usual afternoon nap and then we went house hunting. We had found a great new development super close to Matt's work but unfortunately the price of homes was double what we thought, so for now we will just dream and continue to "hunt."
We all think that daddy needs to have more unexpected days off!

7 comments:

Jayleen said...

I've never been to Kneaders, everytime I drive by, I think to myself "I've gotta try that place someday" Sounds like a great day! Good Luck with the House Hunting.

bloggingchristy said...

Why is your blog so cute?

Gee, thanks for mentioning Kneaders, my mouth is watering too now!!

Jill said...

i love those days off. our favorite outings are those planned at the breakfast table - BREAK! - and we're off getting ready in a flash and out the door. we probably forgot diapers and a map but walmart is just a credit card away.

Kristen M said...

Hey Jess! Glad to be in touch again. Your family is adorable. Clark is 2 1/2 & Jack is almost 4 mo. old. Boys are so fun!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Carter is getting. I remember seeing him in the "Shane Saga" at 6 months learning to eat solid foods and now he's a little boy!

Talai said...

How do you make your blogs look so CUTE! You have some serious talent! Sounds like a great day! I am sorry about the price on the home, I have heard that Utah house prices have just spiked. Too bad. DC is insanely expensive. We are hoping to be in a town house by May, but who knows! Happy hunting! Oh, and the breakfast looks so good, I think Aaron and I are goingto do brunch before Owen gets here on Sunday. Gotta' live it up!

Anonymous said...

I need some tips from you on your cute cute layouts and pictures! You're so talented! Fun day! I love those unexpected moments. Good luck with the house hunting. I know how frustrating it can be! If you need an extra eye looking out for you, let me know. Springville is a nice place...hint hint.