Sunday, November 4, 2007

October in Review!


It seems like October just flew by. Nevertheless, we were able to pack a lot in this month! Here is a short recap of a few of the fun events of the month.


First and foremost was my birthday (Matt smirked when he read this)! My mother took my sisters, aunts, and I to get pedicures and wow! I think this is a must for every future birthday to come! Matt took me to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Pizza Factory. Matt also bought me a gift certificate to get a massage, which I haven't used yet but am looking forward to! We finished the night off with Coldstone ice cream, and I do not think there is any better way to end a birthday, or any evening for that matter.


Second was the Murder Mystery Party put on by my friend Breanne Garlick. It was a blast! I was "Sawbones Mcgraw," the doctor of the ship, and Matt was the Governor. It was sort of like Pirates of the Caribbean and I just happened to be the murderer. I was afraid I would give myself away, but I guess I'm more deceptive than I thought. We had great food and the company was even better!


Third was the Corn Maze in West Jordan with Matt's brother and his family. I have never been to a corn maze and I was hesitant to take Jaxon because I thought you literally had to fight your way through corn. We decided to take him anyways and he screamed for the first half of the maze and then finally passed out (that is the little ball that I'm holding). You might have to click on the picture to enlarge it! Carter had a lot of fun and kept picking up ears of corn and throwing the kernals on the paths. Fortunately we didn't get lost in the maze and we were able to visit with Jeff's family. As a reward for finding our way through the maze we got free bowling passes, so I guess that will be our next family adventure.


Last and not least was Halloween. Carter gave some good how-to tips in our previous blog and really enjoyed trick-or-treating. We did take Jaxon at first but then I brought him back to the house when it got dark and cold. Matt said that when people would open their doors, Carter would try to walk right in to find the bowl of candy. Oh, the innocence of children!


What a great month full of so much fun! I'm excited to see what November has in store....

4 comments:

brittany said...

what a fun way to spend your birthday! i love getting pedicures. i love murder mysteries. how fun that you got to be the murderer. sounds like a great month for you guys.

Talai said...

What a great October! And did you seriously just have a baby? You look amazing! Your family is so cute. You must feel so proud!

Kim said...

don't you just love october? and even better for you because of your birthday. such a fun month with great colors, activities...
love your pictures! carter is getting so big! kills me that i can't see him and that little jaxon that probably won't be so little when i finally do make it out there!

Just us Three said...

Sounds like a good month. I can't even tell you how cute your kids are. You look great too. I hope you had a good birthday. I thought about you (since you have the same b-day as Ben) and wanted to email you but I'm a slacker and didn't do it. Sorry:)