Thursday, August 7, 2008

6 years and counting


Wow, I can't believe we have been married for 6 years! Matt and I were able to take a mini-vacation to Logan, Utah to celebrate our anniversary. We haven't been back there for almost 4 years (crazy how fast time goes). It was great to see some of our old (not to mention ghetto) apartments. We had a great room at the Best Western which was called the "Anniversary Suite"...how fitting! It had a fireplace, flat screen TV, king bed, and huge 2-person jetted tub. On the way up to Logan we stopped at Benihana for dinner. It is expensive, but is amazing and trumps Tepanyaki any day. Back in Logan, Matt was a trooper and we went to Wal-Mart at midnight to get Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers.


Matt had our friends from Logan leave some Gerber dasies and
sparkling cider in the room as a surprise for me!

The next morning we were supposed to go golfing with some old friends at 10:00 but we didn't wake up until 10:15. It was great to get the extra rest we never get at home any more! :) We decided to go do an early lunch at our favorite Restaurant in Logan called Cafe Sabor and then golfing after that!



Yummy Mango Cherry surprise smoothie from Cafe Sabor.


After an amazing yummy lunch we headed to the golf course where I golfed for the first time. Matt was really patient with me, but said I actually did very well for my first time. I kept getting frusturated and he just kept saying, "At least you hit the ball, no matter how you hit it." I guess that is true but I'm not goint to be joining the LPGA anytime soon! I really enjoy it though and look forward to doing it again.

Check out my amazing form! :)

He might just be headed for the PGA!


In the golf cart after our 9 holes!


It is always nice to get away from all the stresses of normal life and just enjoy each other!! I'm so grateful for Matt and all his hard work for our family. What would I do without him? :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

what a fun trip! benihana--yum yum! justin and I went to the driving range for our first date so i'm thinking golfing is a very approriate anniversary date. how fun!
what did you think of breaking dawn?? I thought it was weird. a little disappointed after how good the first three were.

Talai said...

I'm glad you were able to get away! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I went golfing while we were in Utah and really had fun...granted I spent most of the time in the cart reading my book. Hope the next 6 are just as exciting and enjoyable!

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm just surprised you guys didn't head up to Rexburg to celebrate your anniversary. I hear there's a sweet Best Western and even a Marie Callendars! Sounds like romance to me. Our anniversary is tomorrow and we're heading to the Homestead in Midway-I can't WAIT to sleep in! You look awesome Jess! One of these days we'll all have to get together.

brittany said...

happy anniversary. i can't believe it's been 6 years already. craziness.

Chad and Jolene Smith said...

WOW!! 6 Years!! Happy Anniversary!!! It is sooo crazy how fast time flys! Cute Blog Also! Your Boys Are Absolutely Aborable!! Chad Says Carter Looks Like Matt!(: