Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's Official!


We can now officially call daddy Matt Shane, PT, DPT. He received verification of his Utah license to practice yesterday as well as his HUMONGOUS diploma - I don't think they could have made it any bigger without calling it a wall poster! In his words, "This made my year...well my 3 years (referring to 3 years of PT school)." I asked him if it was all worth it and he said, "Oh yeah." I think that with anything which takes a whole lot of sweat and tears, it is always worth it and believe me we had a lot of sweat and tears as a family! (Although sometimes it is hard to think that at the time or while you're going through it). Matt insisted that we celebrate last night at Red Lobster. I suggested waiting until we could be kid-free, but the boys were on their best behavior and Carter loved looking at the fish in the fish tank and the live lobsters. We are so grateful to those who helped us through the process and for your many prayers. We are also grateful that Matt has a job that he loves and that I am able to stay home and play with my boys (at least 2 of them anyways).

9 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah matt!!! love you bro! I love your face in this pic--excitement, relief, exhileration, and a whole lot of "yeah baby!!" good job!

Kim said...

mmm--red lobster--love the aztec chicken which of course is what i aways get--until now maybe--refer to the fam. web site! i could really go for some cheddar bay biscuits!

Daisha said...

Congratulations Matt! It's probably so nice to not be a student family anymore and have an income. IT's possible that Cole might be in school until our 10th anniversary - kinda depressing. (he's thinking of going into Ortho.)
Darling family you guys.
Daisha

The Jackson Three said...

Congrats Matt - such a good feeling!

THE BRAITHWAITE'S said...

Congrats you guys! I am so happy for you! Love ya!

Breanne said...

Congratuations Matt! You did it! It must feel so good to be done with school!

Talai said...

Congrats! I agree with Matt, anything that is worth it takes time. Now that Aaron has a job we can certainly say the the last 4 years of school were worth it despite all the heart ache! I am also grateful, like you, that I will be able to stay home with my little boy!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo for you! Doesn't it just make you want to go (inhale big deep breath, hold for two, and release...) "ahhhh"! Congrats!

McKenzie said...

Congrats! That is exciting! We are jealous! We can't wait to get one of those diplomas (although I don't think we could ever get one bigger than that, that's awesome!)