Friday, September 21, 2007

The Baby Ultimatum....or so we hope!!


I went to the hospital for a nonstress test today since I am post dates and everything was great (even though there was a teensy part of me that was hoping something was not right so we could get this baby out...how awful am I). I swear the ultrasound tech kept measuring his belly and saying, "What a chubby baby." She even measured the fat pad around his abdomen and it was 1 cm. I don't know what that means, but she seemed to think it was significant. She said sometimes the measurements are skewed depending on the positioning of the baby, so I'm crossing my fingers that this is the case. As she was trying to get a good picture of the face, she even noticed a little roll under his chin. Needless to say, this might not be the easiest delivery. So, fortunately everything is okay with little Jaxon, but unfortunately we left the hospital without a new baby!
The Baby Ultimatum is this: My doctor scheduled me for another stress test on Sunday at 4:00 p.m. (which works out perfectly since Matt finishes his PT boards a few hours earlier) and then from there I'll be induced. We couldn't be more pleased. I know I mentioned before that I didn't want to be induced, but at this point I think this is the only way little Jaxon is going to come out!! Thanks for all of you have been patient with my complaining and whining about being pregnant, not having a baby, and being uncomfortable, and hopefully my next post will be pictures or our little (or not so little and chubby) Jaxon Philip!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Sunday sunday sunday! so excited for you. Even if he is a chubster they're always the cutest babies!!!

Jayleen said...

We are so excited! Good Luck with EVERYTHIN!!!

brittany said...

I hope he comes soon! Can't wait to see pictures of this little guy.

Jill said...

just read on the fam site that he might be here (?) we've been praying for your family.
i love fat babies...mmmmmm...they're so yummy to munch on!

Talai said...

So, I am thinking since I am a bit late reading this that Jaxon is probably here by now (otherwise that is one long labor!). I can't wait to see him!

Breanne said...

I am so excited that you may have had little Jaxson already? Hope everything went well. By the way, Love the name, you guys made a good choice. Can't wait to see pictures of him.