Sunday, September 9, 2007

longing for a "cool-off"



After living in Arizona for 3 years now, I've grown accustomed to the intense heat. Like anything that seems to last forever, I get to a point in the summer (usually in September) when I've just about had it. I love seeing he sun shining, but there are mornings when I wake up and the sun is hiding and I feel like a kid on Christmas morning and couldn't be happier that the sun is hiding its face. Since being pregnant over the entire summer (which was bad planning on our part) the heat has been intensified and I'm done with it. I am grateful that we are headed north to cooler weather. I'm sure in a few months after months of snow, I'll be longing for the sun again, but for now I couldn't be happier about the cooler weather just around the corner. We have enjoyed the sun, especially at our favorite place to soak up the sun..Lake Powell, which is where the picture below was taken.

4 comments:

Breanne said...

Yahoo the Shanes are moving to Utah! We are so excited! We want baby boy Shane 2 to come soon!

Kim said...

I hope you guys get packed up and moved ok--and soon! You must be so excited! Oh--to be pregnant in the summer--I hear you!

brittany said...

i hate that you have to be pregnant in the heat. hopefully that baby is coming very soon, and you won't even remember how awful the heat and pregnancy are because you will have a sweet little baby boy!

bloggingchristy said...

Jessica, you look gorgoeus! Why do you have to be the cutest pregnant girl ever. In that picture of you and carter with the adorable train cake you don't even look pregnant at all. I have a blog too! It's not half as cute as yours, but I'm used to being shown up by you in the cute department! I love you more than Cold Stone ice cream!