Friday, September 14, 2007

Where or where....

Many of you may be wondering where Baby Boy #2 Shane is these days. We have been wondering the same thing!! Unfortunately for me, he is still tucked nicely away in my belly constantly pushing and prodding for new and more adequate space. Someone needs to tell him that there simply isn't any more room in there and he needs to come out into this great big world. I guess it is just way too comfy in there. The nurse practitioner pretty much summed it up this morning after measuring my fundus saying," You're pretty much to the full mark." Even though I have 4 days until my due date, it might as well be eternity! I haven't really progressed much as far as dilation and effacement goes, but the nurse practitioner said the magic (in my opinion dreaded) word today, "induction." The hospital policy where I am delivering is that you have to be induced at 40-5/7 weeks which will be next Friday. After being induced with Carter and as I felt like we were forcing it (which I guess you are), I told myself I did not want to get induced. I still feel that way and so I'm hoping I go into spontaneous labor before next Friday, but if not I guess it's better than being pregnant forever!! It is crazy to me that we will definitely have a baby next Saturday and I couldn't be more excited to know that there is an end in sight. For all of you that have been pregnant, you know exactly how I feel. Also, since I cheated on my last picture of being pregnant (only 6 months) I've posted a more accurate picture so maybe I can get a little sympathy for how "huge" I really am.

6 comments:

brittany said...

you are so tan! i noticed how tan you were before i noticed you were pregnant. you are definitely not big enough yet, i think he'll be in there awhile longer :) jk

Kim said...

You are just glowing! I love pregnant tummies--as long as it's not mine! good luck next week!!!

bloggingchristy said...

Okay you're belly is big, but the fact that you don't even look remotely pregnant anywhere else on your body lets me have a little less sympathy for you. I do feel bad you are in your last week. It seriously is the hardest part of pregnancy. At least the end is in sight . . .

Talai said...

You carry it so well, you look non-pregnant everywhere else, so you should feel really good about that! I swear I am just as big and I still have 9 weeks to go! I am soooo excited for you! I am getting induced a week before my due date and couldn't be happier. I just don't mind forcing him out :).

The Jackson Three said...

You do look great, and I know exactly how you feel! Our little guy was 5 days overdue, and I was feeling a little desperate towards the end! Hang in there and good luck!

Jayleen said...

You look adorable! Why does it seem like pregancy lasts FOREVER and then when they come out, they are turning 1 before you know it???? I hope Jaxson comes really soon! I can't wait to meet him