Thursday, September 6, 2007

Boxes, boxes, boxes


As we have been slowly packing up our house in the last week or so, I'm finding out it is not my favorite thing to do. (Especially now that I'm addicted to blogging thanks to Britt.) I know there is probably no one who LOVES moving and packing boxes, but I find myself constantly getting sidetracked. For example, it has taken us a week just to get 10 boxes packed in the office and they are still scattered all over the room. I can somewhat put the blame in the fact that since Matt is "immobilized" from his surgery..that leaves all the heavy lifting to me....the almost-9-month-pregnant individual to lift them. Sometimes I just don't have the energy and my gargantuous stomach doesn't help the matter. We have run across some fun things, like an old scrapbook and some old pictures that Matt and I had taken when I was pregnant with Carter. It was fun to see those and how much younger I think we look just 3 short years ago! We've also come across (especially Matt) items we have no idea why they were stored away in a box all the years of our marriage and why we we were keeping them. If anyone has any good moving tips...I'm all ears! Anything to make this process as smooth as possible!

5 comments:

The Jackson Three said...

Moving is never fun....especially when you're prego! Unfortunately I don't have any great tips except that it is nice when it's all over and unpacked! :) Good luck!

brittany said...

That would be tough to move being that far pregnant and with Matt recooperating. Is anyone coming to help you? Do you move before baby? Good Luck!

Talai said...

So, I just realized you have a blog (via Nicole's blog). Where was my annoucement? It's very cute and I have enjoyed catching up on the reading! I am so excited for your upcoming baby boy, but sorry you are moving in the middle of it! That is rough! I had to do all the moving for us when we moved from Pittsburgh to DC 'cuz Aaron was studying for the Bar. I can't imagine doing it 9 months pregnant! Wish I was there to help out!

Jill said...

oh, jessica i feel for you! we have moved with every one of my pregnancies. but i'm sure matt gives lots of foot rubs at the end of the day-he's just like that right? :)

Terri Shane said...

My comment is: 'Throw it away!" Seriously, we threw away, donated or sold 75 % of all of our belongings when we moved to Florida It was so liberating!!! I didn't used to agree with the "less is more" concept, but now I embrace it!!!

Good luck!