Tuesday, September 4, 2007

my boys


as we anticipate the arrival of baby boy #2, it suddenly occurred to me today that it will still be me and the boys, although I couldn't be happier to have 3 special boys in my life!


Carter keeps me going and is such a 2-year-old. Everything is me/mine and his new favorite work is "yeps" and "nope." I try to correct him and say it is "yes" but he insists on using the alternative. He is still having serious sleep issues at night, but makes up for it during the day with a 2- to 3-hour nap. His favorite toys are his trains, cars, and of course his bear "Moe." His favorite TV shows are Doodlebops (where Moe's name came from) and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Almost every morning he comes into the office where I'm working and says "Mouse" or "Doodlebops." He even pretends to be Moe when I dump water on his head in the bath by shaking his head and vibrating his lips (you'd have to see the show to know what I'm talking about).


Matt on the other hand has been keeping me quite busy as he recovers from his surgery. He keeps telling people that he goes from the bed to the couch to the bed and that is where he spends his days. Sad to say, it is true. He has been getting quite a bit of studying for the Boards, which he will hopefully take in the next week or too. We occasionally take an outing and have made good use of the wheelchairs provided free of charge at the mall and even the motorized carts at Target, Wal-Mart, etc. I think he's going to want to buy one after all of this. Besides his pure boredom, he is doing well and the doctor took his sutures out today. All looks well and he has 2 more weeks of nonweightbearing and then he will be able to weight bear, just in time to move...whooo hooo!! I think he might be counting down the days (I know I am)!! His immobilization has complicaed things as we are anticipating and preparing for the move to Utah and also making arrangements for the trip to the hospital (which hopefully will be sooner than later). This should be interesting.
Baby boy #2 (name undecided) has also been keeping me busy and my stomach continually growing. I swear it doubles size every morning when I wake up and this baby better come fast or there will be nowhere else for him to go. we are excited for his arrival, but I am making the most of my uninterrupted sleep at nights (except from our almost nightly visits from Carter). At least it keeps me on my toes!

1 comment:

brittany said...

Hooray! I love new blogs. What did Matt have surgery for? I hope he gets feeling better and baby boy comes very soon!